Welcome to the Graduate Programme in Physical Activity and Health at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg!
The International Master of "Physical Activity and Health" will provide graduate students with insight, knowledge, and experience in ways of promoting health through physical activity and exercise for the prevention and rehabilitation of diseases.
In small classes, the two-year programme emphasises how to conceptualise, implement, and evaluate intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity. Through active participation, students gain knowledge and experience by:
- Conceptualising intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity and public health policies.
- Implementing physical activity and health promotion measures within specific settings e.g., companies and schools, and for specific target groups like immigrants and older people.
- Developing and implementing measures for individual physical activity and health promotion programmes for specific people who are prone to certain diseases and health risks e.g., back pain, osteoporosis.
- Quality assurance and management of specific physical activity and health promotion measures.
- Scientific evaluation of specific physical activity and health promotion programmes.
Currently, more than 50 students from 30+ nations are enrolled in our programme. Our students have degrees from various disciplines such as Sport Science, Physical Education, Medicine and Surgery, Public Health, Psychology, Physiotherapie, Sociology, or Communication. We value the diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds of our students.